Sunday 14 October 2012

Vegan MoFo No2: SPINACH CRISPS! (also Balsamic Mushrooms and Roasted Sweet Potato)

Yes, they were that exciting they warranted caps lock. 

Now I love spinach SO MUCH, and seen as it's always on offer in the supermarkets these days my boyfriend and I probably go through a bag every week. I normally just eat it raw in salads or cooked into a curry but I was bored one night and after the awesomeness that was the carrot chips I thought hey, why not make one of the healthiest vegetables into a greasy salty side-dish!

Spinach Crisps

Ingredients:

- fresh spinach leaves (as much as you want - bear in mind it shrivels up a lot so you might want to bake several batches!)
- a good glug of olive oil (adjust depending on how much spinach you have)
- salt and pepper to taste

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Place the spinach in a bowl and mix with the olive oil, salt and pepper
3. Spread the spinach out on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes till crisp - not mushy, but not so crisp it's starting to shrivel and burn! This can happen quite quickly so keep an eye on it.



And this is how I ate them:



Mmmmmm. However the best thing was definitely the balsamic mushrooms. I pretty much followed this recipe but only used two mushrooms and didn't add salt or parsley. For the roasted sweet potato see my chip recipe (just chop them into cube shapes instead - also I added a pinch of rosemary, sage, oregano and chili powder to the seasoning).

No comments:

Post a Comment