Friday 12 October 2012

Olive Bread

I have a pretty big butternut squash recipe to post soon...but that involves a lot more time to write up/edit photos, time I should be spending on job applications (!), so for now I give you....olive bread!

 There are olives in there, honestly!

I used the exact same recipe as my regular bread but mixed in about 50g of chopped, pitted black olives (the kind you get in the big jars) before adding the water and oil (so between steps 2 and 3). I also used 50% wholemeal bread flour and 50% plain white flour to help it rise more (a tip from the Great British Bake Off! I can't remember who said it but apparently wholemeal flour has something in it - less gluten? - that means it doesn't rise as much).


Note: I used 50g of Olives because that's all I had. After a bit of Googling apparently some people add around 200g?? I must admit the olive taste isn't as strong as I expected so definitely put more in if you have them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment