Sunday 30 September 2012

Butterbean and Olive Dip: Naked Vegan Cooking

This recipe was taken and adjusted from the awesome Naked Vegan Cooking blog. So all credit goes to them! I adjusted the recipe a bit due to what I had in the kitchen. Click the link in their name to see the original post and their take on the dip. 

Makes one bowl.

Ingredients:

1 x 400g can of butter beans (drained)
2 x tbsp. tahini
2 x tbsp. olive oil
2 x crushed cloves of garlic
1 generous handful of black pitted olives (I didn’t measure, just used what was left in a big jar)
Optional: lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley etc, all to taste

Method:
Exactly like the hummus in my previous post – just put everything together in a bowl and mash/whiz it up!

This is how I ate mine (oh god it was SO GOOD):



I think I like this even more than hummus, the olives give it a great kick. I would call it more of a ‘spread’ than a ‘dip’ though as it’s very filling! I think this is the start of making a lot of bean-based dips/spreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment